home research news speak out calendar ideas guest book search
Go to UCP Homepage
Home News Research Congress Speak Out Calendar Feedback Search
Education Employment Health & Wellness
Housing Parenting & Families Products & Services
Sports & Leisure Transportation Travel
Your UCP: National September 03, 2003
Parenting & Families sponsored by:

Discussion Group
Options: View this Topic | View all Topics
Parent message:
Mild CP/Needing Interventions/What Resources?
Geanna Walker (procare@psknet.com)
Current message:
Help getting services
Hello, I was shocked to hear you talk about insurance for pt/ot. If you grandchild is younger than 3yr old, he will quilify for the birth to three early intervention program. Call the pediatricain right away and they should lead you in the right direction or the ped. neuro. All of the services provided by the program are totally free(including pt, ot, speech). This program is federally funded is available in every state. After 0-3 program you can apply for a medical card regardless of financial situations. It sounds like your pediatricain has dropped the ball by not telling you this info. If the Dr. can't help try looking it up in the phone book or calling a developmental specialist who has the info. Good luck!!
Respond to this message
Parenting & Families
General Information
Respite / Support Groups
Long Term Development Issues
UCP Services
Discussion Group
About UCP
Research Foundation & Fact Sheets
Corporate Sponsors
Public Policy
Media & Public Awareness
Grants & Contracts
Bellows Fund
Web Site Accessibility
En español
© 2003, UCP National (aka United Cerebral Palsy)
1660 L Street, NW, Suite 700, Washington, DC 20036
Phone: 800-872-5827/202-776-0406 TTY: 202-973-7197 Fax: 202-776-0414
E-Mail: webmaster@ucp.org
Affiliate Center Entrance
[password required]
Privacy Policy & Terms of Usage